Staff training and development is fundamental to business growth. It can help sales, save staff hours, create more efficient production methods, improve technical systems and more. Unfortunately it’s also something that’s often ignored by many small business owners because it is seen as too time consuming or expensive.
With the right plan and policies in place, you’ll ensure that your company benefits from any training you or your staff complete. Set out any company guidelines and requirements so your employees know what training you’ll consider and what requirements they’ll have to meet.
Employee training is the responsibility of the employer. Employee development is a shared responsibility of management and the individual employee. The responsibility of management is to provide the right resources and an environment that supports the growth and development needs of the individual employee.
At BlueBean we work with heads of departments and tailor training and development plans for employees to be engaged, developed
• A well-crafted job description - it is the foundation upon which employee training and development activities are built
• Training required by employees to meet the basic competencies for the job.
• Develop a good understanding of the knowledge, skills and abilities that the employer will need in the future.
• Explain the employee development process and encourage staff to develop individual development plans
• Identify goals and activities for development and prepare an individual development plan
An individual training and development plan can be prepared by the employee in partnership with BlueBean. The plan is based upon the needs of the employee, their position and the employer. A good individual development plan will be interesting, achievable, practical and realistic. It is implemented with the approval of the employee's line manager.
If you would like more information then please make an enquiry through our contact page or call direct using the number at the top of the page.